For Editors (Editors Home)
This section is designed to cater for our editors at JENT. If you are an author searching for an editor's contact details, or a journal's Guide for Authors, please use our Journal Finder tool as the information you seek can be found on the journal's home page. Our Authors' home also contains useful information on submitting and tracking articles.
As an JENT editor, you provide an invaluable service and we strive to offer you the support and assistance you need. Your principal and strategic line of support is with our publishing staff. Staff in the production, marketing and distribution departments stay in touch with your publishing contact, who manages the entire publication process for your journal.
In this section you will find a range of information including how your support team at JENT is structured, and how you can Stay Connected through important communication channels such as Editors' Update, our Editors' Conferences and our regular webcasts and webinars.
- Responsible for the overall success of the journal
- Long-term journal strategy and implementation of the strategy Responsible for appointing/replacing Editors and Editorial Board members
- Supporting Editors and Editorial Board members in their activities by sending updates on key performance indicators, journal statistics, arranging teleconferences and physical meetings where possible, analysing competitive situation, developing content ideas
- Arranges the journal's finances, including editors' payments
- Develops plans for Special Issues, in collaboration with the editor
- Advises on any publishing ethics issues
- Your primary contact
- Supports production process from acceptance to publication, both in print and electronically
- Communicates issue deadlines to Editors
- Coordinates with Guest Editors on production of special issues
- Supports authors throughout production process, ensuring articles are typeset, corrected, and published in timely fashion according to minimum standards
- Implements any updates to print journal
- Arranges any necessary updates to the configuration of JENTES
- Joint responsibility for marketing plans together with Publisher
- Implements marketing plans, using a combination of online, print and physical channels
- Increases the journal's profile using websites, social media, RSS feeds, search engine optimization and email communications
- Evaluates marketing actions and develops effective techniques
In addition to these main contacts, editors also benefit from the support of Publishing administrators, JENTES Trainer & Support, and experts in Bibliometrics. Note that actual job titles may vary slightly.
JENT is continuously working on publishing innovations that help authors enrich their articles and researchers gain deeper insights and draw conclusions more quickly.